Friday, February 11, 2005

Corruption etc.

Hey all! Me again. Much better day even though I'm in a PMS rage. What the hey, that's the purpose of blogs...to vent! This may be a quick and disjointed blog but the cafe I'm using keeps losing power! Welcome to Kenya. Anyway, if any of you want to check the headlines in Africa, try and follow this huge anti-graft/corruption thing going on here. The head honcho resigned whilst in London follwing the Davos conference saying he'd had no backing from the current president as far as fighting corruption in Kenya. This was mainly in response to the British High Commisioner calling the president out and claiming his office has been involved in doing basically nothing about it. A subsequent fall out was that the US withdrew about $50 million in funding and promised to withdraw more and other governments began to follow suit....all this in the span of one week!!

Anyway, the Kenyan ministers (sort of senators for the uneducated idjits!) went berserk, accused the Brits of drinking too much at the function where he made the announcement. One fucking idiot minister in response to US withdrawal said, "...what the US is doing to Kenya is like raping a woman who is already too weak." and proceded to chuckle at his incredibly smart comment. Stupid fat self-serving men/bastards is what politicians are.

I'm going to win the lottery, buy my island and my word will be law. i.e., eat, drink and be super merry, clothing optional (you will have to pass a "visibility" test as in the more gorgeous, the less clothing allowed"), cabana boys and girls, wireless service, Boston terriers being the only allowed pets, a research station somewhere so that prof's can get grants and sabbaticals, a landing strip for Air Force Chem to take people to oh, say Ibiza, Europe and pretty much anywhere they want, anytime....etc, etc. Whatcha think?

I had a good day today, met a headhunter, very nice man who knows my personality so he's pounding his networks for me. Interestingly enough, while I was waiting for my interview, I was reading the paper and there was an ad. for a sales position with one of the major cell phone companies here and the requirements were a British or American accent!!! I'm going to apply for it as it can also be a part-time job. How fucking hilarious! Look where outsourcing has come! Well, I need some pocket change which is what I bet this people earn so I'll go for it while hunting for my real job.....full-time lounging-by-the-beach deck-chair potato.

More later, thanks for the comments Drew. Hope you're all enjoying the snow, I'm showering twice a day, sweating off pounds!

No comments: