Wednesday, March 16, 2005

First, would really like to apologize for the language. I was on a roll yesterday and in my haste forgot to censor myself so please forgive me. I went home last night, upset but relieved that I'd gotten everything off my chest. Had a pleasant evening and when I went to bedI decided not to dwell on my misfortunes so slept with a clear mind. Woke up very early because my niece had decided to steal her mother's phone and called me about 4 times in the span of two minutes; each time I answered she'd giggle and hang up. Urghh! Ashley Simpson pop-up ad on computer! Whew, gone. Oh great, now Yahoo! is down. Oh, thank you to my wonderful amazing fluffy sister who posted my blog yesterday. For some reason I couldn't get onto the website and I tried from 3 different cafes so I e.mailed it to her and she did it. I do adore her but I think she misses me more as a tax dependant.

So anyway, got up, had a lurvly cuppa, went and bought the newspaper and first thing I saw was the attack in North-Western Kenya on the Somali border. Apparently it has been going on for a while. Check out www.eastandard.net which is the Daily Standard dated March 16th . The pictures are absolutely horrific. I was reading the paper in a matatu and gagged when I read the story. The woman on the front who's lying on a hospital bed with a bandaged arm and chest; her name is Fatuma Abdullahi, 23. "She sustained multiple gun wounds on her abdomen and had her breast chopped off." No words to describe that. Apparently it's been an ongoing arguement between two tribes about land. Awful, awful.

So today I've decided to commit random acts of kindness as I'll feel better about myself and the world in general and so far I'm in a pretty buoyant mood so it's working. I strongly encourage y'all to try it. I'm running errands around town and I have to go grocery shopping in a bit. Going to go to my cousin's salon. Very sad, she said they haven't had a client for days, people are broke, can't afford to look good anymore. I think I'll get a manicure and try con someone to come with me.

Parliament starts again today. They were on holiday or something. I wonder what the main topic will be, oh I know. "We deserve a raise for all the hard work we've done!" Motion passed, instant salary hikes, the gap continues to grow. Honestly, some of the politicians here live on an entirely different planet. They want raises, mileage allowances, money, money, money. Lol, if you read about the fake currency ring that was busted last week, four ministers were the biggest victims of an elaborate WEST African scam. I'll try get the particulars about it as it is an interesting story.

More later, good day though.

No comments: