Friday, March 31, 2006

Hotels and Dogs etc.

Ah, Coldplay should be banned when you have one of the following symptoms: PMS, a man, a couple of beers in your system, at the beginning, middle and most definitely the end of a relationship, before and after "relations" (you tend not to hear during) and many other situations, i.e., Life. What is it about the lyrics in each and every damn song that touches everything you live, breathe and sleep? Urghh. I’m listening to A Message from the Album X&Y right now and have finished sobbing to Fix You.

I’m fine, totally stoked that me sister (the one with a Mercedes and room for a pony) is coming to visit me in the Third World in a couple of months and she’s bringing the Parents! Whom I miss like it hurts… or they could simply fulfill my wishes and send the pride and joy of my heart that is Chloe. (If you have a Boston Terrier or have had the pleasure of being near one, you’ll understand my sentiments.) That’s another thing Kenyan I have to get used to. You’ll rarely find a fellow dog lover around here and when you do, stick to them as they are a kindred and knowledgeable spirit as to the power of that canine connection. People in my office all have pictures of their children, significant others (real and those they long to be real) on their Desktops and screensavers. Moi? I have my babies: the dogs. Oh, and Kenyans really don’t like it if you say you love dogs more than people (which I do most days) and take offense especially when I call state very clearly that they are the only children I intend to have. There’s a lady in my office who threatened to beat me up because I changed her desktop pic of her baby to that of my baby. LOL, she thinks I’m mad for that actually. How can you not love dogs!!! Silliness I tell you.
I just realized I’ve been in my office for 13 hours now. I’m a workaholic that’s for sure but my paycheck sure don’t recognize it. Still apartment hunting and it’s quite the trip. A lot of the apartments that are being advertised for singletons are converted servants quarters – yes, that name still exists. And the one apartment I did see featured what a close friend of the family (seven years old) a Long Drop Choo. (choo means toilet). In this case, it’s a pit latrine hence the "long drop" I fired that realtor promptly. I may get lucky tomorrow but I’ve stopped holding my breath.

Ok, it’s Friday night, time for a little party and then off to bed early tonight. Long day tomorrow – the tourism fair is on and I’m going to check out some packages for when the family is here. I’m stuck between http://www.leopardbeachhotel.com and Serena Beach Hotel www.serenahotels.com.

Oh, my lovely sister spoiled me rotten with a three-day weekend stay at the Hilton in Nairobi. Hilton is the reason why I want to be in this business. I had an absolutely amazing time and got the rest and relaxation I so desperately craved. I will continuously berate them for dragging their feet and not owning a Mombasa property. Wake UP HILTON! You need a hotel at the Coast! Ok, I’m off now.

No comments: