Saturday, January 12, 2008

This land is not my land....for now.

Urghh! One whole bloody year since I last posted! Soo much has happened but the biggest thing is the fact that this country has gone to shit. I don't want to talk about that thief and his cohorts who are in office as they are not worth my time. I voted for the first time in my life. Stood in line for three hours, chatting with my neighbors, reading a book. I got to that booth, decided there's no way I could stand to see that mad woman called Lucy Wambui stay at State House for five more years. I also voted against that thug called Gumo who stole 20K from me as well as the stupid woman who was slapped in public by him and didn't do a damn thing about it. As for the councillor, I honestly picked the guy who's poster was on the wall by school entrance where we voted.

On Thursday night, I was working late and as I left the office, I passed the Hilton Hotel. What struck me as the oddest thing was that out of the entire 16 storey building, only two rooms were lit at 9 that evening. Two!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The tourism industry is all but finished. Some hotels have lowered their rates and are advertising in the classified section!!!!!!!!! Well, I intend to take advantage of those bargains as much as I can. I have to support the industry because it's going to take a while for foreigners to come back.

Ok, back to work. It's Saturday and we're working because the protests start on Wednesday. More later, I promise!

No comments: